Monday, October 26, 2015

Gohan


We did Gohan (from Dragonball Z) for my younger son, to go along with his brother's Goku costume.  While this is undoubtedly a more obscure character (particularly in this outfit), it is what the boy wanted so he got it.

Much like his brother's costume, the easiest starting place was hospital scrubs.  The fit and the color are already done, so it's more a matter of alteration than creation.  So we purchased some inexpensive scrubs at Amazon, and also picked up some red cloth from a local craft store.

A bit of work with scissors and sewing machine was all it really took to get the costume to come together.  I tried to convince him to spend a year working out hard so he'd be buff enough, but since it was a few days until Halloween and he wasn't physically mature enough anyway, that didn't pan out!

This is what it looked like when I was all through.  I think it captures the essence of what i was looking for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, whether they be praise or suggestions to improve. I'm no professional and when it comes right down to brass tacks I do not really know what I'm doing here!