Monday, February 16, 2015

Hot Dog and Fries

This was one of our earliest attempts at Halloween costumes for the kids.  It was years and years ago, and to be honest, I don't really remember whose idea it was, or what may have inspired us.


I do remember that the 'B' on the front of the french fries was my idea.  That was, of course, inspired by the Golden Arches of McDonald's.  Since our younger boy's name begins with a "B", I thought this was a nice twist.

The materials for both costumes were primarily hot glued craft foam.  Yes, the hot dog could have turned out better, and if I had to do it all over again I'd probably go with cloth instead.  This costume was not terribly flexible.


For the french fries, though, the foam was an excellent choice.  It's got the stiffness and sturdiness we needed to keep the container in shape, and the available color palette suited the concept admirably.  I don't think I would change a thing.  Probably the hardest part was the pattern of lines on the inside, so I left that for my wife, the graphic artist.  I'm just a simple programmer, and drawing things frightens and confuses me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, whether they be praise or suggestions to improve. I'm no professional and when it comes right down to brass tacks I do not really know what I'm doing here!